Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Seriously?!?!?!

So it was a week ago today that the US*IS got their little hands on my I800A. I am sure they are working very hard on our application but I am pretty sure they are not working as hard as they would like me to think they are! You see Monday morning at 1:44 A.M. I got a text message from them telling me they now have my application! I guess they would like me to believe that they were working on it at that exact moment, but I am pretty sure they were not. My guess is that they set up these text to go off at some crazy hour to stress those of us who are already going a little crazy after dealing with all the paperwork. I can tell you that my heart skipped a beat when it went off because who would text you at 1:44 A.M. if it was not an emergency! Now we are waiting on our official letter to come in the mail so we can just walk-in and do our fingerprints. That should shave a few days off our wait!
And in other news, today I got my birth certificate and marriage license back from the Houston consulate. And once again I got a little stressed out! Why you ask? Back in the old adoption days, you know in the I600A days when you got your forms back from the consulate they looked a little something like this...
Thats a copy of what Jaden's looked like way back in 2006. But today I got the stuff back and there was no special sheet stapled to my forms! Nope there was this little sticker taped to the back of my Secretary of state paper!
This REALLY stressed me out because I thought something was wrong but no it seems that is how they do things these days! I feel a little let down that I didn't get a whole sheet of paper but at least I got a cool sticker! Oh how I miss the I600A days!

No comments:

Post a Comment