Thursday, August 1, 2013

Happy Birthday too you!

Warren turned 3 on July 18th!  We decided to have his party the weekend before so the kids and I could ride back to Mississippi with my parents.  I thought long and hard about the theme for this party since it was technically his first party since they don't have parties in the orphanage.  We sent him a cake last year but that was not a party.  I thought maybe a pirate party since he loves Jake, but I wasn't feeling that theme so I thought some more.  Finally I decided it would be a construction party!  Warren is obsessed with trucks and construction sites!  I planned this party for weeks because I had already missed two birthdays so I had a lot to make up for.  I had games planned and everything.  At the last minute I asked Amy if we could use her water slide.  Well thanks to the water slide we never played any games I had planned!  I was ok with that because the slide was a huge hit!  I also decided that since Warren did not have a smash cake at his first birthday we would have one this time.  I have now decided that all smash cakes should be done at 3, there was no mess.  He did not want to get dirty!  He was so excited about his party because he has been to so many since he has been home!  All the hard work I went through for his party was so worth it to see the smile on his face!




























































No comments:

Post a Comment