Wednesday, December 7, 2011

He we go again!

So I thought I would post about how we got where we are today! It started when we got back from China with Jaden. I really wanted to go back for another baby but we no longer fit China's guidelines so I thought it would never happen.
We came home and started our lives as a family of three. Jaden kept us very busy and entertained but there was still something nagging me about baby number 2. A year ago I really felt like our family was missing someone. I started looking into other countries and even domestic adoption. I contacted ALOT of agencies to see what our options were. Every time I was ready to sign up I hesitated. I kept going back and forth thinking maybe we were just going to be our family of 3. All this time I kept looking at our China agencies list of waiting children thinking there was no way. I contacted our agency and asked about getting a waiver since we didn't fit the guidelines and they said it was possible. I still kept that info on the back bunner until October of this year. I really felt like I had another child in China. I contacted CCAI and was told that since we did not fit the guidelines we could try the new special focus program, this children have more complicated special needs or they could have minor needs but be a boy! So on 10/10/2011 I filled out the online form for our agency and requested a file for a little boy who had a malformed right foot. I got the email back saying no one had requested his file and they sent it to me! I knew when we opened up the file that I was looking at our son! I sent his file to a friend's wonderful mother and got there take on the situation. I also talked to Jaden's pediatrician. We got a good response from everyone. Rusty and I talked about it and decided to go for it. On 10/13/2011 I sent the email to CCAI letting them know that we felt Qian, Geng Jiu was our son and we wanted to try to get PA from China. After a crazy few days of filling out paperwork and getting letters for my doctor our LOI was sent to our agency on 10/20/2011. Now we had to begin our waiting. Our agency had to hold our LOI until the perfect time and that time finally came on 11/23/2011! Our letter of intent was finally sent to China and now we began to wait again. We were warned that it may take a while since we were a special case and that we may get asked for more information. I figured we would wait about a month to hear back and then they would ask for more info. Boy was I wrong! Yesterday I was at the mall with some wonderful friends when I looked down at my phone and saw I had a missed call. I checked the number and knew right away from the area code it was from our agency.(I had that number memorized after our wait for Jaden) I called back and talked to Sarah who informed me that they had received our PA from China!!! We had a son! I think I was in shock first because I was not expecting it! So now we begin again! We are starting that crazy paperchase for our son! We are so excited and I am so happy I followed my gut and kept trying to get our agencies help. I knew our second child was in China. Now the real fun begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment