Saturday, March 10, 2012

Manning up the place!

Poor Rusty has been surrounding by girls now for 10 years! At first it was me and our three girl dogs! Then almost three years ago we added Jaden! Rusty never stood a chance. So as you can guess he is VERY excited to be adding some testosterone into our little world! As a matter of fact I used the lack of testosterone to squeeze in this second adoption! Truth be told Rusty would have been ok with one child. I on the other hand knew there was another little someone out there waiting for us.
When I saw Warren's picture I put my plan in action! I took that picture and email it to Rusty at work and put in the header "Can you be my daddy?" I also pointed out that here is his boy that he could share his hobbies with. I was shocked and very happy to get the response back to "call the agency!" And the rest is history. So now we have a boy coming into our family and I am so not prepared!
I have really enjoyed dressing Jaden! My obsession with her clothes started 7 years ago when we started the process. I would buy clothes I saw that were on sale. Her closet was packed years before she came home! Her closet became so packed that we put a closet system in there and then when we outgrew that she spilled over to the guest bedroom! Once Jaden came home I was faced with problem of having an amazon child with no butt! Because of this I tought myself how to sew so that I could sew her clothes that were really cute and that would not fall of her tiny hiney! I also learned that leggings are a God send for kiddos like Jaden!
Now I am faced with a new delimma! How do you dress a boy?
I don't think I can make him pants with ruffles on them. I don't think Rusty would like it one bit. I also don't think that wearing his big sister's leggings is going to make him popular on the play yard. I am hoping that our little man is going to have a little meat to his hiney so his pants dont fall right off his body! I am hoping that we will be able to buy clothes right off the rack and they actually fit! As for now I am too scared to buy him any pants for fear that he will never wear them. Jaden had tons of pants she never wore because by the time she grew into them width wise they were 3 inches to short!
The funny thing is that I compared Warren's updates with Jaden's from the same time and they are exactly the same, I mean to the 1/4 in. in height! His weight is 2 lbs higher then hers but you got to count the 2 lbs of clothes he is wearing. So I think I may be facing the tiny hiney battle again!
So for now we are manning up his wardrobe with some very manly t's. I myself think they would look great with his big sister's brown and black leggings!
I figure by the time we go to China, Warren's closet will be 1/4 of the way full!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment